Recent Posts

Home >> Uncategorized >> Michael jordan research paper

Michael jordan research paper

Oct/Tue/2017 | Uncategorized

Research Paper On Michael Jordan

Michael jordan research paper

Order Your Own Writing Help Now -
Research Paper On Michael Jordan

If you're reading this article, I assume you're an IB Student, who is michael jordan paper getting ready to need to write a paper write their Extended Essay. If you're looking at michael jordan research this as a potential future IB student, I recommend reading our other introductory IB articles first: What is the International Baccalaureate (IB) Program? and What is the IB Curriculum? What are IB Diploma Requirements?. Good Thesis? IB students around the globe fear writing the Extended Essay. In this articles, I'll try to get you excited about writing your Extended Essay and provide you with the resources to get an A. I'm a recipient of an jordan paper, IB Diploma, and I happened to receive an to write a paper, A on my IB Extended Essay. If you don’t believe me, the proof is in the IBO pudding, If you're confused by what this report means, EE is short for michael jordan research Extended Essay, and for an essay, English A1 is the subject that my Extended Essay topic coordinated with. In layman’s terms, my IB Diploma was graded during May 2010, I wrote my Extended Essay in the English A1 category, and I received a grade A. The IB Extended Essay (or EE) is a 4,000 word structured mini-thesis that you write under the paper, supervision of an advisor (an IB teacher at your school), which counts towards your IB Diploma (to learn about all of the IB diploma requirements, check out our other article). I'll explain exactly how the EE affects your diploma later in this article. For the dissertation, Extended Essay, you choose a research question as a topic; this topic needs to jordan be approved by IBO (which is good not very difficult). You can do a typical research paper such as in this paper, or you conduct an experiment/solve a problem such as in this paper. Most schools allow you to pick your advisor (an IB teacher preferably at michael jordan research paper your school, although you can also get access to one at another school through the Pamoja Education). Apa Research Reference? I'll explain how to research pick your IB EE advisor below. The IB Extended Essay must include a cover page, an abstract (one-page synopsis of your essay), a table of contents, the 4,000-word essay (which will range from 10-20 pages depending on punishment as reform, whether your topic requires illustrations such as an experiment would), and a bibliography. Your completed Extended Essay is then sent to the IBO to be graded (I will go into more detail on grading below). What Should You Write About in Your Extended Essay? You can technically write about anything, so long as the IBO approves it. However, you should choose a topic that falls into jordan paper one of the IB Course Categories, (such as Theatre, Film, Spanish, French, Math, Biology, etc.) which shouldn’t be difficult because there are so many class subjects. Here is a range of sample topics with the attached extended essay: You can see from how varied the topics are that you have a lot of freedom when it comes to gcse english essay picking a topic. Michael Jordan? So, how do you pick when the gcse english essay, options are limitless? I will help you with that next: 6 Tips for Writing a Grade A Extended Essay. Tip #1: Write About Something You Enjoy Because You'll Be Spending a Lot of Time on It. I love British theatre and michael jordan paper, ended up writing mine about a revolution in post-WWII British theatre #theatrenerd. Statement Career Research Paper? I really encourage anyone who pursues an IB Diploma to michael research take the Extended Essay seriously. Transition? I ended up receiving a full-tuition merit scholarship to USC’s School of Dramatic Arts program and in my interview for the scholarship, I spoke passionately about my Extended Essay. I genuinely think my Extended Essay helped me get my scholarship. How do you find a topic you are passionate about? Start by figuring out which classes you enjoy the most and why you enjoy them. Michael Paper? Do you like Math because you like to problem solve? Or do you enjoy English because you like to need to write analyze texts? Once you have figured out a general subject area such as Physics, you should brainstorm more specific topics by putting pen to paper. What was your favorite chapter you learned in jordan paper that class? Was it astrophysics or mechanics? What did you like about punishment as reform, that specific chapter? Is there something you want to learn more about? I recommend spending an hour on this type of brainstorming. Paper? After doing this preliminary brainstorming make sure to choose: Tip #2: Chose a Topic That Is Not Too Broad, But Not Too Narrow. This is a fine line. You need to write about something specific, but not so specific that you can’t write 4,000 words on it . You can’t write about WWII because that would be a book worth of material. You don’t want to write about what type of soup prisoners of war received in essay men POW camps because you probably can’t come up with 4000 words on it. However, you could possibly write about michael, how the conditions in German POW camps were directly affected by need a paper, the Nazis successes and failures. This may be too obvious of a topic, but you get my point. If you're really stuck trying to find a not too broad or narrow topic, I recommend trying to brainstorm a topic that uses a comparison. If you refer back to michael research the topics I mentioned above, you may notice that two use comparisons. I also used comparison in my EE, comparing Harold Pinter's Party Time to John Osborne's Look Back in Anger in order to show a transition in as reform British Theatre. Topics with comparisons of 2-3 plays/books/diets/etc. tend to be in the sweet spot of not too narrow or broad because you can analyze each portion and after doing in-depth analysis on michael paper, each, you compare and explain the transition words, significance of the comparison. The key here is that the comparison needs to be significant. I compared two plays to show a transition in paper British Theatre. Comparisons are not the only way to get a grade A EE. If after brainstorming, you pick a non-comparison based topic and you are still unsure if a topic is too broad or narrow, spend 30 minutes doing some basic research and see how much material is essay out there. If there are over 1,000 books/articles/documentaries out research there on the exact topic, it may be too broad. If there are only 2 books that have any connection to your topic, it may be too narrow. If you are still unsure, ask your advisor! Speaking of advisors: Tip #3: Choose an Advisor Who Is Very Familiar With Your Topic and Who Seems Excited About It. If you are not certain of who you would like to be your advisor, I would start by creating a list of your top three choices. Yoga Dissertation? Next, create a list of pros and cons (I know this sounds tedious, but it really helps!). For example, Mr. Green is my favorite teacher, and jordan, we get along really well, but he teaches English, and I want to yoga dissertation conduct an experiment to michael jordan research paper compare the efficiency of American Hybrid Cars to good thesis career Foreign Hybrid Cars. Ms. White teaches Physics, I had her a year ago, and she liked me. She could help me design my experiment. I am going to jordan research ask Ms. Yoga Dissertation? White! Do NOT just ask your favorite teacher to be your advisor. They may be a hindrance to you if they teach another subject. I would not suggest asking your Biology teacher to guide you in writing your English EE. EXCEPTION: If you have a teacher who is passionate and knowledgeable about your topic (as my English teacher was about my Theatre topic), you can ask that instructor. Consider all of your options first before you do. There was no theatre teacher at research paper my school, so I could not find a theatre-specific advisor, so I chose the next best thing. Some IB high schools require your IB Extended Essay advisor to sign an Agreement Form. Make sure you ask your IB coordinator if there is any required paperwork. IBO does not require any paperwork. If your school needs a Form signed, make sure you bring it with you when you ask a teacher to be your EE advisor. Tip #4: Choose an a paper, Advisor Who Will Push You to Be Your Best. Some teachers may just take on michael research, students because they have to and may not be passionate about reading drafts and may not give you a lot of feedback. Choose a teacher who will take the time to read several drafts and give you extensive notes. Paper Reference? I would not have gotten my A without being pushed to make the draft better. Ask a teacher that you have experience with either through class directly or through an extracurricular activity. Michael Jordan Paper? Do not ask a teacher that you have no connection to; a teacher, who does not know you, is yoga unlikely to push you. Note: The IBO only allows advisors to michael paper suggest improvements to good for an essay the EE, but they may not be engaged in writing the jordan, EE. The IBO recommends that the supervisor spends approximately two to three hours in total with the candidate discussing the EE. Tip #5: Make Sure Your Essay Has a Clear Structure and Flow. IB likes structure. Your EE needs a clear introduction (which should be 1-2 pages double-spaced), research question/focus (i.e. Statement Research Paper? what you will be investigating), body, and conclusion (about 1 page double-spaced). An essay that has unclear or poor organization will be graded poorly. Michael Jordan Paper? Also, make sure your 300-word abstract is clear and good for an, briefly summarizes your whole argument. Research? An ambiguous abstract will make it more challenging for the reader to follow your essay’s argument and will also hurt the grading of your EE. The body of your EE should make up the bulk of the essay. It should be about 8-18 pages double-spaced (again just depending on whether or not you include diagrams). Your body can be split into multiple parts. For example, if you are doing a comparison, you might have 1/3 of your body as Novel A Analysis, 1/3 as Novel B Analysis, and the last 1/3 as Comparison of gcse essay, Novel A and B Analysis. If you are conducting an experiment or analyzing data such as in paper this EE , your EE body will have a clear and obvious parts following the scientific method: stating the research question, discussing your method, showing the data, analyzing the data, discussing uncertainties, and drawing a conclusion/evaluating the experiment. Tip #6: Start Writing Sooner Rather Than Later! You will not be able to crank out a 4,000-word essay in a week and need, get an A. You will be reading many, many articles (and, depending on your topic, possibly books, plays, and watching movies). Start the jordan, research possible as soon as possible. Each school has a slightly different deadline for the Extended Essay. Transition Essay? Some schools want them as soon as November of your Senior Year; others will take them as later as February of jordan research, Senior Year. Your school will give you your deadline; if they haven't mentioned it by February of Junior year, ask your IB coordinator. Some schools will give you a timeline of when you need to come up with a topic, when you need to meet with your advisor and when certain drafts are due. Not all schools do. Ask your IB coordinator if you are unsure if you are on a specific timeline. Here is paper my recommended timeline, it is earlier than most schools, but it will save you so much heartache (trust me, I remember): January/February of Junior Year: Come up with your final research topic (or at least top 3). February of Junior Year: Approach a teacher about being your EE advisor (if he or she says no, keep asking others until you find one - see my notes above on how to pick an jordan, EE advisor). April/May of Junior Year: Submit an outline of gcse mice men, your EE and a bibliography of potential research sources (I recommend at michael jordan paper least 7-10) to english essay men your EE advisor. Meet with your EE advisor to discuss your outline. Michael? Summer between Junior and Senior Year: Complete your first full draft over apa research reference, the summer between Junior and Senior Year! I know, I know no one wants to michael paper work during the summer, but trust me this will save you so much stress come the fall when you are busy with college applications and other IB internal assessments for your IB classes. You will want to have this first full draft done because you will want to complete a couple of draft cycles as you likely won’t be able to get everything you want to say into 4000 articulate words the gcse essay mice, first time. Try to get this first draft into the best possible shape you can, so that you do not have to work on too many revisions during the michael jordan research, school year on top of your homework/college applications/work/extracurriculars/etc. August/September of good thesis, Senior Year: Turn in your first draft of your EE to your advisor and michael research, receive feedback. Work on incorporating their feedback into your essay. If they have a lot of suggestions for improvement, ask if they will read one more draft before the final draft. September/October of Senior Year: Submit second draft of EE to apa research your advisor (if necessary) and michael, receive their feedback. Work on creating the best possible final draft. November-February of punishment as reform essay, Senior Year: Submit two copies of jordan, your final draft to punishment essay your school to be sent off to IBO. You likely will not get your grade until after you graduate. The early bird DOES get the worm! Extended essays are marked by paper, external assessors (examiners appointed by the IB) on a scale of 0 to 36. There are "general" and "subject-specific" criteria, at a ratio of 2:1 (24 possible marks for the general criteria and good for an essay, 12 marks for the subject-specific one). Michael Jordan Paper? The total mark is converted into a grade from A to need a paper E, using the michael paper, below parameters: Here is the typical breakdown of words essay, scores (from 2008): How Does the jordan research paper, Extended Essay Grade Affect Your IB Diploma? The Extended Essay grade is combined with your TOK (Theory of Knowledge) grade to determine how many points you get towards your IB Diploma. To learn about Theory of Knowledge or how many points you need to receive your IB Diploma, read our other articles on What is the International Baccalaureate (IB) Program? or IB Diploma Requirements. This diagram shows how the transition words, two scores are combined to determine how many points you receive for michael research paper your IB diploma (3 being the transition words for an essay, most, 0 being the least). So, let’s say you get an A on jordan research paper, your EE and a B on TOK, you will get 3 points towards your diploma. Note: this chart is slightly outdated. Prior to reference the class of 2010, a diploma candidate could receive a failing grade in either the extended essay or theory of knowledge and still be awarded a diploma. However, as of 2014 (for the michael jordan research paper, first examination in May 2015), a student who scores an E on thesis statement career, either the michael research paper, extended essay or TOK essay will not be eligible to receive an dissertation, IB diploma. In case you want a little more guidance on how to get an A EE. Here are 50 Excellent (grade A) sample extended essays for your reading pleasure: Want to improve your SAT score by michael research, 160 points or your ACT score by 4 points? We've written a guide for each test about the as reform, top 5 strategies you must be using to have a shot at improving your score. Download it for michael jordan free now: Have friends who also need help with test prep? Share this article! As an SAT/ACT tutor, Dora has guided many students to test prep success. She loves watching students succeed and is committed to helping you get there. Dora received a full-tuition merit based scholarship to University of Southern California. She graduated magna cum laude and scored in the 99th percentile on the ACT. She is also passionate about acting, writing, and photography. You should definitely follow us on social media. You'll get updates on our latest articles right on your feed. Follow us on punishment as reform, all 3 of our social networks: Have any questions about michael jordan research paper, this article or other topics? Ask below and we'll reply! Series: How to Get 800 on Each SAT Section: Series: How to Get to as reform 600 on Each SAT Section: Series: How to Get 36 on Each ACT Section: Our hand-selected experts help you in a variety of other topics! Looking for Graduate School Test Prep? Check out jordan our top-rated graduate blogs here: Get the latest articles and test prep tips! © PrepScholar 2013-2015. All rights reserved. SAT® is a registered trademark of the College Entrance Examination Board TM . Good Thesis Statement Career Research? The College Entrance Examination. Board TM does not endorse, nor is it affiliated in any way with the owner or any content of this site.

Buy Essays Online from Successful Essay -
Research Papers/Michael Jordan

pinter essay waiter edu

Harold Pinter: The Dumb Waiter. The Silence and michael jordan research Violence of Language. Pinter's work is heavily influenced by Samuel Beckett, who used silence-filled pauses for a revolutionary theatrical effect. Pinter has spoken of good transition for an essay speech as a stratagem designed to cover the nakedness of silence, and these aims are often evident in the dialogue of Gus and michael jordan Ben. Ben's most prominent response to Gus's constant questions about the nature of dissertation their jobs is silence. Lurking underneath this silence is always the threat of violence, the anticipation of something deathlyЎXthe play ends as Ben trains his gun on Gus in silence. Anxiety Over Social Class. Gus and Ben are both lower-class criminals, and most productions of the play emphasize their social status with appropriate dialects and accents. Some productions may even opt to jordan research paper give Ben a slightly higher-ranking accent, as he is more concerned with his standing. Yoga. He repeatedly admonishes Gus for his "slack" appearance and habits, urging him to make himself more presentable, but Ben also seems more resigned to his lowly criminal life; he considers them fortunate for having jobs. His profound shame over his class emerges in interactions with those upstairs via the dumb waiter, and much of this shame is tied to language. The food orders from the dumb waiter are for increasingly exotic foods with unfamiliar names, and michael jordan research Ben pretends to know how to make them only to a point. When they decide to send up their cache of food, even Gus feels he has to impress those upstairs by announcing the brand names of their pedestrian foodstuffs. Ben also happily reports that the man upstairs, presumably of higher social standing, uses the same debated phraseЎX"Light the kettle"ЎXas he does, and he warns Gus to observe decorum when talking to the upstairs, as he demonstrates with his formal apology. Ben is far more reverent of to write a paper Wilson than the inquiring Gus, and his deference is attributed less to feelings of respect than to jordan an overriding inferiority complex; Wilson is their leader for a reason, and he must obey him at all costs, even if it means betraying his friend. In this light, The Dumb Waiter can be read as an anti-corporate update of Beckett's Waiting for dissertation, Godot, an allegory of in-fighting and what corporate workers will do to please their superiors. Repetition - At the play's start and end, Ben expresses outrage at research, an article in the newspaper while Gus sympathizes. Similar repetitions mark the action throughout the play. Early on, Gus bemoans the dull sleep-and-work routine of his life, and various repetitive actionsЎXfrom Gus's tendency to run out punishment as reform essay matches to his recurring trips to the bathroomЎXemerge as the basis of research this cyclical fatigue. Language, however, is research where Pinter's use of repetition points to research violence and the nearness of death. Gus almost always has to repeat and rephrase his important questions to Ben, questions that touch upon darker issues Ben does not wish to reveal. Ben's mechanical instructions to Gus on how to english execute their murder are repeated by Gus with similar detachment, and when Ben echoes through the speaking tube his own mission to kill Gus, it likewise echoes the previous interaction with Gus. Pinter has compared echoes to silence, and if one views the michael jordan silences in his plays as indications of violence, then linguistic echoes and good transition words for an repetitive actions suggest violence as well. The dumb waiter ЎV 1) a small elevator used to convey food or other goods from one floor to another. 2) Ў§dumbЎЁ waiter: the one who serves and waits on others is supposed to be Ў§dumbЎЁЎXnot to express his own opinions but just to fulfill the masterЎ¦s command and order. 1. Language is often echoed in the play as one character is forced to repeat the words of another. Discuss. Answer: Pinter's dialogue deploys in terse rhythms that, while easy on the ears, often suggest the mechanization of language, the jordan research use of words as nothing but muted carriers of good transition words for an information. Michael Paper. Words no longer have any emotional impact on the speaker. The very title of The Dumb Waiter highlights this notion of language as nothing but an emotionally silent conveyor of something out of the speakers' control. The characters are actually "dumb waiters," manipulated by someone more powerful (Gus by Ben, Ben by Wilson) to do his bidding. Pinter compares echoes to silence, and when Gus and Ben echo the words of essay their superiors, it is as if they have been silenced. This is no more clear than in the two instances of michael research paper verbal echoing. Gus repeats the instructions for murder from Ben. Paper. Gus breaks form on two occasions that point to Ben's eventual betrayal of research paper Gus, most notably when Gus accidentally repeats "He won't know you're there" instead of translating "you're" into good transition for an essay, "I'm." This suggests that Gus ("he," the actual victim) won't know that Ben ("you're") is there (that Ben is betraying him), and michael research when he reminds Ben that he hasn't been given instructions yet to take out his gun (showing that Ben wants Gus to be unarmed). The instructions are also delivered mechanically to counterpoint their horrific nature. Similarly, when Gus is catching on to the betrayal as Ben makes comments about newspaper articles, itself a mechanical ritual that drains the importance of deaths and other tragic news, he responds to the stories with detachment. However, when Ben receives instructions to execute Gus through the english mice speaking tube, he repeats the words without any notable distress. Michael Paper. He has already become desensitized to violence, and the murderous words are mechanical from the start for him. Answer: Gus bemoans the dull routine of life, and yoga dissertation nothing is more mundane and repetitive than the act of research paper going to the bathroom; one fills up, then empties out. Moreover, the waste itself returns in some form, so even that is recycled. He cannot escape the routines of life and is thus highly aware of them, especially in the way they relate to his poverty. Ben, on the other hand, does not go to the bathroom throughout The Dumb Waiter and seems less concerned with his own repetitive station, and feels they are "fortunate" to as reform have their jobs. Paper. Finally, the toilet flushes on a delay, so that after each trip to the bathroom there is a silence from the toiletЎXone that complements the many silences in conversationЎXand then it often interrupts the men laterЎXone of the to write frequent interruptions by objects (the dumb waiter, speaking tube, and envelope are the others). Answer: Many of Pinter's plays take place in one location. Jordan. As in Samuel Beckett's Waiting for essay, Godot, the single location takes on the form of a prison for the characters, a space from which they either cannot leave or are afraid to do so. Research Paper. Rather than bore the audience with lack of variation, the repetitive actions that come along with the single space generally constitute one of Pinter's (and Beckett's) main themes. The environment also assumes attributes beyond its scope. The serving hatch, for instance, becomes a symbolic channel to a higher power, or God, whom Ben fears, while the bathroom develops into a place of mundane repetition for Gus (see second question above). The basement also functions as part of the mystery and betrayal of the The Dumb Waiter. Who owns the building? Is it still a café? Is Wilson inside? 5. Discuss the use of props in the play (guns, matches, sheets, the photo of for an essay cricket players, etc.). 6. How do Gus's and Ben's attitudes toward money and class reveal themselves? How might a production of the play accentuate their positions? 7. Compare Ben and michael research Gus with Vladimir and Estragon from Samuel Beckett's Waiting for Godot. Reference. Do the men in paper The Dumb Waiter complement each other in the same way that the tramps do in Godot? Are their conversations similar?
inserted by FC2 system